Internal Controls Analyst / Financial Analyst
We are seeking a full-time Internal Controls Analyst / Financial Controls Analyst to join our team in the Fargo, ND Corporate office, and willing to consider other AgCountry office locations for the right candidate.
You will be responsible for assisting with the design and implementation of internal controls, risk identification, and compliance of the internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) program. You will also collaborate with various departments throughout the Association and with our internal and external auditors on ICFR matters. If you are a team player that has the ability to lead people, projects, initiate change and motivate others; have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field; have experience with ICFR and SOX compliance, have knowledge and understanding of integration of systems, databases, and have excellent verbal and written communication, apply today and GROW your career with AgCountry!
- Assists with the execution of the internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) program, particularly the design and implementation of entity-level controls, business process controls, and information technology controls, to provide reasonable assurance that financial statements are reliable and prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Participates in the risk assessment and risk identification of process areas impacting financial reporting. Ensures controls are implemented and are operating effectively and efficiently to address risks.
- Assists with the assessment of new or changes to existing processes in the identification of risks. Identifies, develops, and documents control gap issues using independent judgment, providing recommendations, and designing controls for improvement.
- Assists with implementing automation and continuous monitoring controls.
- Ensures control documentation is kept up to date. Works with control and process owners to document updates to financial controls and processes. Ensures accounting system changes/updates and other process improvement initiatives adequately address ICFR.
- Performs and monitors financial controls for compliance with ICFR requirements.
- Coordinates internal control walkthroughs and information requests with internal and external audit teams to facilitate an efficient and effective audit.
- Collaborates with Internal Audit and process and control owners to resolve control deficiencies. Assists with the development and communication of remediation plans.
- Participates in key initiatives and assists with other projects, including operational finance objectives, as requested.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 1-2 years of public accounting or internal auditing experience preferred or equivalent related experience
- Experience working with ICFR and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance preferred
- Working knowledge of GAAP financial reporting standards and processes
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Skill in researching and analyzing information to formulate logical and objective conclusions and recommend changes when needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and flowcharting software
- Ability to work independently, assume ownership of areas of responsibility, and exercise initiative to identify and solve complex problem, set priorities, and see projects through to completion.
Check out these amazing benefits you’ll get as an AgCountry employee:
- Family friendly work environment
- A company focus on employee development, career growth, and education
- New employees start with 3 weeks of vacation per year (increases over time)
- All employees earn 15 days of sick leave per year
- Time off also includes 12.5 paid company holidays
- We’re proud of our industry leading 401k employer contribution up to 9% (3% fixed, 6% matching)
- 4 weeks paid FMLA leave (includes parental leave)
- Annual bonus pay opportunity
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- Paid volunteer time
- Employer paid logo clothing program
- Fitness reimbursement
- Employee wellness programs
Click apply today!
Closing Date: November 27th, 7 PM CT