Our mission at AgCredit is to be a cooperative lender who returns profits to our borrowers and is dedicated to serving our rural community. We focus on building, nurturing, and maintaining lifetime relationships for our customers' and employees' success. As a cooperative agricultural lending institution, our commitment is to you, the customer-owner.
Loan Specialist, Bucyrus/Kenton/Upper Region
The Loan Specialist functions as an integral part of the Lending Team in originating, underwriting, servicing, and administering loans and loan applications. This role works closely with the Loan Officer, Credit Analyst, and member to ensure that our delivery of products and services is done in a positive and timely manner. The Loan Specialist is the secondary point of contact for the customer only after the Account Officer.
- Part of the lending team in the delivery of products/services to applicants and members to contribute to the financial performance of the Association:
- Completes all pre-closing due diligence related to the customer. (e.g. public records search), credit (e.g. obtain credit report, initiate lock in), and collateral (e.g. flood determination, title evidence, appraisal request, chattel valuation)
- Ensures request is accurately entered into the origination system and is complete with required documentation prior to submitting to the appropriate underwriting path.
- Executes scorecard underwriting and completes the credit package, including credit memo, for eligible loans.
- Identifies and documents policy exceptions.
- Approves scorecard loans within delegated authorities.
- Completes post-approval/pre-closing compliance check and ensures the loan, as documented within the loan origination system, meets the approval requirements
- Works to satisfy all closing conditions.
- Monitors the request through underwriting and approval to ensure loans are decisioned within 30 days of the complete application date and meet closing targets.
- Creates term sheets, proposal letters, incomplete application notices, and notices of decision as requested.
- Prepares and submits applications for FSA guarantees, monitors receipt of commitment, and supports loan reporting requirements.
- Reviews loan closing documents for accuracy.
- Assists with gathering financial data, including year-end data.
- Monitors loan pricing related note modification opportunities and coordinate note modification processing efforts.
- Assists with the lending team’s loans maturing and past due loan processes.
- Assists the lending team with CRM maintenance, loan portfolio management and other loan administration related tasks.
- Build customer relationships based on adding value, knowledge, information, and quality service.
2. Actively promotes and exhibits AgCredit’s corporate core values.
3. Promotes harmony and teamwork by maintaining a positive attitude towards customers, prospects and team members.
4. Completes training programs as organized and/or approved by AgCredit.
5. Other duties as assigned by the Lending Manager or Association management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Two-year degree in Business or Ag Business., Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years’ experience working in support of a lending team.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of people and work collaboratively with a team as well as independently with minimal direction.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Ability to understand interpret entity documents and other legal documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Use of discretionary judgment in making decisions and problem solving.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and work experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge in the area of agriculture is beneficial.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formats to recognize and correct correspondence and reports.
- The ability to travel to lending offices, AgFirst Farm Credit Bank, and other locations for training. Some overnight travel may be expected.
- Competitive compensation
- Top-rated benefits program
- 401k Plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement, sponsored training and career development opportunities
- Generous paid time off with 11 holidays observed
- Employee Assistance Program
- Community Service PTO
- “Dress for your day” dress code
- Monday to Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Diversity Statement / EEO Statement
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. AgCredit strives to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. EOE including disability/veterans.