Imports Supply Chain Analyst
GROW WITH US! burton+BURTON, the world’s largest balloon, gift and home décor wholesaler located in Athens, GA, and one of Athens’ top 10 employers, is hiring now for an Imports Supply Chain Analyst.
Functional Job Title: Imports Supply Chain Analyst
Reports to: CEO
Exemption Status: Exempt
The Imports Supply Chain Analyst has sound analytical abilities and a strong business acumen and is responsible for generating reports and performing analysis on a variety of business functions including reviewing and analyzing monthly sales reports, forecasting inventory needs, as well as monitoring and analyzing in-stock data. This position analyzes data and presents in a manner that supports business decision making.
- Reviews and analyzes reports for visibility into inventory levels and product trends.
- Monitors inventory levels and purchasing rates to identify problems; forecasts inventory to be purchased.
- Manage data analytics to provide management with summaries and reports for greater visibility into valuable metrics of the business utilizing standard and custom system reports from backend ERP system.
- Using data, creates systematic approach to plan, sequence and implement continuous improvement efforts.
- Plans, leads, and participates in projects which could encompass any and all functional areas of operation; meets with management and other stakeholders to review and assess project progression.
- Provides support to projects and analysis in which the department director is involved.
- Assumes responsibility for sales performance analysis for trade shows and prepares staffing levels for future shows for management review.
- Builds and maintains customized reports in Excel using Advanced Formulas, VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables and Macros to solve needs within department.
- Interacts with vendors and coordinates the ordering of new and existing products.
- From within the warehouse, conducts detailed product inspections to identify supply chain quality issues; participates in cross-departmental efforts to identify and resolve quality concerns.
- Responsive, service-oriented attitude with strong interpersonal and organizational skills; responds to various inquiries, requests, or complaints in a professional manner; demonstrates calmness under pressure.
- Proactive and collaborative with the ability to propose improvements in the way tasks are accomplished.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and multiple priorities; detail-oriented.
- Able to work flexible schedule, extended hours, or outside normal work schedule.
- Ability to read, write, and speak clearly in English; proficient with desktop/laptop computers and MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Advanced Formulas)
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Able to proof metrics and reporting to ensure accuracy of data prior to distributing it to others.
Education and Experience
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree, specifically in Business Management, or any other related field.
Preferred Experience: A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supply chain analyst role or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; frequently reach and lift items above head with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally may climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Licenses, Professional Certifications and Other Qualifications
Supervision and Decision Making
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To apply please select the APPLY NOW BUTTON