Accounting and Financial Manager
Administers the Authority’s accounting and financial reporting operations and related work as required under the general direction of the Executive Director.
Central Virginia Waste Management Authority (CVWMA) is a regional government agency and knowledge of governmental/fund accounting is preferred.
- Manages and performs oversight of the Authority’s finances. Maintains automated financial accounting records, prepares monthly bank reconciliations, prepares disbursements/payments to contractors and vendors, records journal entries and balances all special-project accounts and subsidiary ledgers.
- Coordinates annual audit including the preparation of the annual financial statements and Annual Comprehensive Financial report (ACFR); submits ACFR to appropriate governing bodies and regulatory agencies.
- Presents financial activity to Board members.
- Participates in the development of the annual budget; monitors revenues and expenditures throughout the fiscal year in comparison to budget. Reports results to the Board.
- Responsible for prudently investing excess Authority funds.
- Serves as Clerk to the Authority Board of Directors; reviews and edits Board meeting minutes.
- Prepares biweekly payroll to include benefit payments, reconciliation to VRS, tracks leave balances and ensures W-2 forms have accurate information; performs risk management function for the agency.
- Coordinates maintenance on Authority computers and office equipment.
- Generates billing invoices to jurisdictions in accordance with service agreements.
Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field required.