Division Administrator/Coordinator for Finance, Operations and Facilities
Open until filled-
Assist in maintaining an efficient and effective division, coordinate processing of complex financial information and general administrative duties, exercise independent judgment in performance of duties, coordinate delegated functions, and supervise assigned areas as appropriate. Requires a high level of professionalism with great importance placed on maintaining confidentiality.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in planning and carrying out mission of the Finance, Operations, and Facilities Division. Perform administrative duties, project oversight, supervisory duties as assigned, and assist in problem solving.
- Supporting senior managers and executives with clerical tasks, scheduling appointments, and planning meetings.
- Coordinate meetings and facilitate activities among directors in Accounting Services, Bookstore/Food Services, Plant Operations, Purchasing, Shipping & Receiving, and Technology Services. Coordinate Finance, Operations, and Facilities Division in absence of the Chief Operations Office and Vice President for Finance.
- Assist with preparation of monthly Board of Trustee division reports/updates.
- Prepare monthly agendas for the Finance and Facilities Committee of the Board of Trustees. Coordinate and attend the monthly Finance and Facilities Committee meetings, take minutes, transcribe, and process to appropriate persons.
- Administer and maintain liability, property, auto, accident, malpractice insurance, student accident, and student athlete policies for the College. Field all insurance inquiries on a local and state level. Complete and file all liability, auto, property damage, and accident claims. Bid insurance coverage tri-annually. Prepare insurance specification packets for bidding purposes. Responsible for the coordinating requests for proposals every three years.
- Maintain construction, repair, and renovation records for the College. Work closely with the State Construction Office and the North Carolina Community College System to establish and gain approvals for construction, repair, and renovation projects. Work closely with Purchasing Department on solicitations for architects, general contractors, and other capital project related contracts. Process construction related invoices. Prepare construction updates for the Finance, Operations, and Facilities Committee meetings of the Board of Trustees. Maintain information recorded in the State Construction Office platform called “Informer.”
- Screen, assist, or refer all communications to appropriate area. Answer varied inquiries personally and explain basic policies and procedures. Answer telephone and schedule appointments. Make travel reservations, prepare expense reports, and arrange for conferences.
- Transcribe, check, and proofread dictation of correspondence, memoranda, contracts, administrative reports, and proposals.
- Post and record data from a variety of sources. Calculate and complete standardized records and forms.
- Review and analyze historical and current financial data and accounting records to assist in preparing, maintaining, monitoring, and managing the local, state, and Federal budgets; provide regular reports to Vice President of Finance and/or Chief Operating Officer for effective decision making.
- Schedule College facilities for internal users. Rent College facilities to external users. Prepare and distribute contracts for external users. Coordinate security, custodial, and audiovisual services as needed. Maintain a manual and electronic scheduling calendar. Invoice and collect rental fees. Revise and maintain the facilities rental manual.
- Complete NC DMV documents to title new fleet autos to the college and obtain NC permanent auto tags.
- Prepare annual state utility consumption reports.
- Prepare monthly purchase card statements for payment for the Chief Operations Office and the Vice President of Finance.
- Enter E-procurement purchase orders and blanket orders for the division.
- Operate computer, calculator, printer, copier, and FAX. Submit helpdesk tickets and coordinate repairs where needed.
- Responsible for reviewing and submitted time sheets and leave request forms for the division.
- Perform all other tasks required to maintain compliance with external agencies.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Associate degree from an accredited college or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- At least three years’ secretarial, administrative, or facilitator experience required.
- Notary Public Certification preferred.
- Accounting knowledge required.
- Experience with construction projects preferred.
- Ability to follow established policies and procedures.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in analyzing and solving problems and performing financial research projects.
- Working knowledge of insurance policies and requirements.
- Community college experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Electronic Calendaring) required.
- Working knowledge of operating standard office equipment and related tools and technology required.
- Ellucian Colleague and E-Procurement experience preferred.
- Capability to work independently, possess excellent customer service skills, and ability to interact positively with division faculty and students required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong organization skills with a high degree of detail orientation and the demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment required.
- Demonstrated administrative competencies through internal testing required.
- Generally, works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours.
Gaston College provides a comprehensive, affordable insurance and benefits program. We are continuously investigating new benefit offerings that are responsive to the needs of our regular** employees.
- State Health Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional Supplemental Insurances
- NC State Retirement Plan
- Supplemental Retirement Plans
- Disability Benefits, Long- and Short-Term
- Longevity Pay
- State Employees' Credit Union Eligibility
- Leave (Vacation, Sick, FMLA, Civil and Military, Child/Student Involvement, Education, and Voluntary Shared)
- Paid Holidays
- Educational Advancement Compensation
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Discount Program
- Benefits Overview Booklet
**Please note: Temporary (part-time) employees do not earn benefits.