Chief Investment Officer
Chief Investment Officer
Havre, MT Branch
Great Falls, MT Branch
We are seeking an individual who shares in our unmatched commitment to our customers and our communities. This Individual will work closely with the CEO/President to manage the banks investment portfolio. The CIO will provide insight and direction, lead investment teams, complete all fund transactions, and effectively maintain portfolio developments. Responsible for quarterly reports to the board of directors and developing key strategic initiatives that balance the liquidity, earnings, and capital needs of the Bank. To ensure the investment portfolio is structured to balance the risk of the loan portfolio on the balance sheet as well as provide adequate returns. This individual will work closely with the President implementing enterprise risk management strategies, reducing the Bank’s overall risks from operations, must possess an extensive knowledge of banking activities and regulations.
To excel in this position, you must possess a sound understanding of all investment policies and guidelines, demonstrate excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and maintain a strong professional work ethic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish effective and well-organized investment processes with a strong understanding of the Bank’s Investment Policy, implementing investment holdings in-line with Bank balance sheet management.
- Write clear and well-informed investment recommendations based on thorough research and analysis. Will strive to maximize portfolio performance while keeping the portfolio within the bounds of good banking practices and satisfy the liquidity and legal requirements of the Bank.
- Prepare monthly investment reports, quarterly investment reports, quarterly investment strategy reports and quarterly interest rate risk monitoring reports. Work closely with the VP of Finance in the preparation of the semi-annual sources and uses document, annual liquidity funding balance sheet and annual contingency funding plan.
- Monitor appropriate economic indicators that effect and drive interest rate risk management to efficiently position the Bank’s investment portfolio, loan portfolio and deposit base to align with the strategic plan for budgets and growth.
- Work closely to develop timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, financial trends, and effectively developing solutions to business challenges in order to assist the CEO, the Board, and others on the Leadership Team. An emphasis on loan growth, deposit growth and investment portfolio decisions.
- Demonstrate progressive experience in financial management, accounting and/or bond portfolio management.
- Proven track record in a management or leadership role involving significant decision-making authority in the planning, organizing, and directing of accounting functions of the organization,
- Extensive knowledge of financial markets, interest rates, economics, banking and a thorough understanding of bonds, stocks, and other investing options.
- Applicants must be proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, or other comparable fund accounting software
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred. MBA or CPA strongly preferred. Similar experience in managing investment portfolio and/or bond trading background. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in business related field from four-year college or university; or ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LOCATION: Havre Branch (Preferred) or Great Falls
Independence Bank has chosen to focus on one thing: Serving our communities with the utmost dedication. Our philosophy of sustained growth and our lending practices are all based on the needs of the families, agricultural operations, and businesses in our region. As an exemplary community bank, we are looking for a dedicated professional who will help lead IB in our commitment to serving our communities.
As an employee, you'll be able to take advantage of benefits like:
- Premium Health Insurance Plan
- 401(K) Retirement Plan with up to 25% employer funding, as well as a self-funding option to your 401(K)
- $50,000 Life Insurance Policy- bank paid.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Independence Bank provides a group medical insurance plan which is available to full time employees after thirty days of continuous employment. This is a premium policy covering a broad range of medical services.
After thirty days of continuous employment, Independence Bank provides a group dental insurance plan which is available to full time employees who are also enrolled in the IB Health Insurance Plan.
After thirty days of continuous employment, Independence Bank provides a group vision insurance plan which is available to full time employees who are also enrolled in the IB Health Insurance Plan.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Pre-tax savings accounts for unreimbursed medical expenses and dependent care.
We offer a 401(K) company-funded retirement plan with up to 25% employer funding, with an employee self-funding option to contribute towards your retirement account. No contribution necessary to receive the employer portion.
Full-time employees are enrolled in a $50,000 Life Insurance Policy and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance. You will also have a choice to opt in on additional Life Insurance through our group policy.
Check out these additional Perks!
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer these banking perks to our employees:
Email your resume through this job posting.
Visit the Independence Bank Career Opportunities page for more information. Search Independence Bank Montana Careers to find this page.
For a full job description, list of our benefits package or physical demands, please contact the Human Resources Department through this job posting.
Independence Bank EEO/Employer/Vet/Disabled