The Lexington Housing Authority (LHA) is seeking a versatile Accounting Manager to supervise financial and accounting functions, and the employees of the accounting department, under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The manager will process payroll, produce tax reports, budgets, and handle reconciliation activities of the department, performing accounting functions in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensures internal controls are in place to provide reasonable assurance agency assets are protected.
- Completes annual financial audits in a timely manner, as well as any other audits as needed.
- Monitors and analyzes departmental work closely to develop more efficient procedures and to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Maintains the general ledger structure.
- Works with the CFO on financial projects as needed.
The individual should be able to demonstrate a work history of commitment, responsiveness, and effective communication. Knowledge in accounting concepts and procedures and the ability to use good judgement while managing detailed work will be required. Must possess strong computer skills with the ability to learn industry specific software. A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics and three years of
progressively responsible accounting experience required, with at least two years of supervisory experience. A CPA license or a master’s degree in Accounting is a plus.
The salary range begins at $64,000, with an excellent benefits package and retirement saving opportunities.
Interested and qualified applicants attach resume to this job posting.
The candidate hired will receive a bonus of $750.00 upon completion of six months employment, with an additional $750.00 to be paid after one full year of employment.