Accounts Payable Clerk
Seeking qualified applicants with experience in general accounting and billing. Associate’s degree preferred. The North Kingstown School Department is a dynamic organization to work for and has an excellent benefits package. All applications must be submitted through Schoolspring.com. SchoolSpring Job ID #: 3962789. Application deadline July 29, 2022.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for a range of functions in the Business Office including weekly accounts payables for all funds. Serves as back up support for the Senior Account Clerk-Accounts Receivable.
1. Compares invoices, online receiving /receiving reports and packing slips to check for accuracy for payments.
2. Enters invoices into the accounting software system for payment and prints scanning label for each invoice.
3. Prepare and submit Accounts Payable invoice batches into workflow for review and approval by the Chief Operating Officer/Finance Director and the Controller.
4. Prints Accounts Payable checks and submits Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT) to the bank. Provides Controller with cash requirements and verifications reports.
5. Produces Positive Pay file for the bank to verify all payment transactions and guard against fraud.
6. Maintains the Accounts Payable vendor master file.
7. Corresponds with vendors, communicates with schools and departments about discrepancies on invoices, goods received, over and damaged shipments. Institutes appropriate remedial action.
8. Maintains, modifies, and liquidates all Purchase Orders for the School District.
9. Maintains PDF versions of check registers and batch reports for auditors.
10. Ensures a W-9 form is submitted for all new vendors.
11. Performs IRS Taxpayer Identification Matching (TIN) on all new vendors to verify accuracy of vendor W9’s submitted.
12. Ensures the NKSD Independent Contractor Agreement is completed for all Independent Contractor vendors.
13. Ensures the online RI-DWC-IC Workers Compensation Waiver form is completed for all Independent Contractor vendors.
14. Prepares annual 1099 tax forms. Balances and checks information for accuracy. Prints and mails 1099’s to vendors.
15. Submits the 1099 electronic file and cover report to the IRS.
16. During the fiscal year end close period, ensure invoices are posted to the proper fiscal year.
17. Prepares staff level reports as required.
18. Provides back up assistance to Senior Account Clerk-Accounts Receivable in the Business Office as required.
19. Performs such other tasks as may from time to time be assigned by the Controller.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.