Finance Associate – Payroll & Benefits
Join our mission and programs to serve our community and to make home a better place. That's why we make it as easy as possible for people in Duluth and the surrounding communities to purchase, renovate, maintain and keep a home as long as they like.
The Finance Associate – Payroll & Benefits is responsible for processing payroll and benefits for One Roof Community Housing and Common Ground Construction employees. This position also provides financial and administrative support to the Finance department for both One
Roof and Common Ground Construction lines of business.
Required qualifications & skills:
• Associate of Arts degree in accounting or related field, or equivalent experience.
• Mathematical, spreadsheet and database aptitude appropriate for accounting & project tracking work
• Strong understanding of accounting concepts.
• 3 years’ experience with an accounting program, such as Quick Books, Fund EZ, Sage, or similar.
• Computer experience, Microsoft Office or similar
• Excellent record keeping and organizational skills
• Excellent communication and customer service skills, written and verbal, including the ability to work with diverse people
• Ability to handle multiple tasks
• Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
• Mission-Oriented: Committed to our mission of enriching lives and communities one home at a time and our vision of communities where everyone has access to sustainable and affordable housing.
• Cultural Responsiveness and Experience with Underserved Communities: Experience working with underserved communities including low-income families and/or individuals. Cultural selfawareness and a demonstrated ability to work across cultural differences with empathy and sensitivity.
• Commitment to Equity and Inclusion: A proven commitment to social justice.
• 1+ year of experience in payroll and/or benefits administration
• Experience using payroll/HR tracking software (i.e. Paylocity or similar)
Full time employment at One Roof includes a competitive benefits package including group health insurance options, 401K with employer contributions, and generous accrual of paid time off.
Click apply for all the details to be considered.
One Roof is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity of background and perspectives are attributes that make us a stronger organization, more capable of fulfilling our mission. We are working to grow and foster a diverse, highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff. We work to draw applications from a wide and diverse population.