Accounting Supervisor Principal - Director of Business & Auxiliary Services #55107
This position exists to support student learning and success by providing management and supervision of the Ridgewater College Business Office and Bookstore staff. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: financial reporting, accounting activities, procurement activities, banking services/cash flow management, internal and external audit activities, financial aid disbursement process, ISRS security management, and accounts receivable and accounts payable management. This position supervises the preparation of all leases and contract for the College. This position supports financial responsibility by developing policies and establishing procedures for all accounting functions to ensure adequate internal controls and compliance with State and Federal laws and regulations.
* Associate's Degree in Accounting or related field.
* Three years of accounting work experience in a complex environment that requires thorough knowledge of appropriation, budgetary and accounting systems, preferably in a public sector setting.
* Two years of supervisory experience.
* Demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion principles and practices.
* Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) sufficient to analyze, interpret, and prepare financial information, records and reports, locate errors and implement solutions to procedural or other fiscal problems.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access or similar programs sufficient to prepare correspondence and ad hoc reports that meet the needs of the institution and its constituents.
* Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
* Previous accounting work experience in a public/government agency.
* Thorough knowledge of auditing principals and procedures sufficient to assist in audits.
* Knowledge of the functions, procedures, organization, laws, and regulations governing nonprofit and government accounting for Minnesota State and State of Minnesota.
* Working knowledge of Power BI sufficient to query and compile records and reports.
* Working knowledge in accounting or a related field sufficient to indicate familiarity with standard business practices, Federal and State laws, rules and regulations along with the ability to interpret Minnesota State Board policies and procedures.
* Working knowledge of financial aid accounting and reporting requirements.
* Thorough knowledge of office procedures, practices and equipment.
* Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel management.
* Working knowledge of payroll processes and guidelines.
* Knowledge of College bookstore operations or other retail operations.
This position requires successful completion of the following:
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER