Based in Buhl, ID, Riverence is the nation’s leader in sustainable steelhead and rainbow trout production and distribution, including distribution of other seafood products. We are a vertically integrated, multi-entity enterprise encompassing brood farms, grow-out farms, finished product processing, and distribution through our nationwide trucking system. We are seeking an experienced corporate controller to oversee our accounting team and participate with senior management in executing our vision of excellence and growth in seafood production and distribution. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on CPA or CMA with proven accounting experience in a manufacturing and distribution setting, either in a CPA firm or in private industry, preferably in a senior or supervisory role. He/she will oversee the production of thorough, accurate and timely financial reports for senior management to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth.
This position will report to the CFO and will participate with senior management in the execution of our strategic plans.
Essential Functions - Key Objectives of this Role
- Provide comprehensive consolidated financial reporting to senior management
- Manage and supervise the work of the Accounting Department to ensure good communication and coordination with other Company departments.
- Develop, evaluate, modify (if necessary) and document accounting policies and procedures to improve timeliness and accuracy of reporting and improve internal controls and guidelines over all financial functions
- Supervise the VP of Accounting and participate in training the accounting team with clearly documented roles and responsibilities
- Through collaboration with other operational departments, improve inter-departmental com-munication and controls to enhance operational efficiencies and accountability throughout the company
- Help achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective action
- Help develop and support short and long-term strategic plans
- Assist in the transition to new ERP system
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with ap-propriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Manage the efficient and accurate consolidation of four companies with dozens of intercompa-ny transactions to achieve accurate consolidated financials.
- Develop and maintain strong internal control safeguards for cash, accounts receivable, ac-counts payable, inventory and fixed assets.
- Collaborate with senior management and VP-Financial Analysis/Planning in developing and monitoring operating and capex budgets, financial and operational KPIs, variance analyses, in-ventory/cost accounting improvements, and transactional and strategic analyses.
- Establish and monitor cadence of financial and operational reporting on weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Coordinate with independent accountants to facilitate timely and accurate financial audits and tax returns.
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all companies and programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal and professional standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation or guidelines.
- Oversee and support accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity.
- Hands-on self-starter: willing to do whatever it takes (within reason) to accomplish the stated goals
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Strong understanding of economic and banking processes
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Strong supervisory and mentoring skills
- Uncompromising integrity
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field
10+ years proven accounting experience in a manufacturing/distribution environment
Professional accounting certification, including CPA or CMA
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
The employee generally works in an office setting (in Buhl, ID) with occasional travel to sites which could expose the employee to outside environmental situations including hot, cold and/or wet conditions. The position requires extensive use of office equipment as well as occasional use of other types of manufacturing/processing or specialized aquaculture equipment. The employee may at times require hear-ing protection.
This position requires walking, standing, bending, and lifting/carrying (up to 35 pounds).
- Often requires walking or moving to accomplish tasks.
- Often requires standing or sitting for sustained periods of time.
- Occasionally requires stooping and reaching.
- Occasionally requires pushing using upper extremities to press against something with steady force.
- Occasionally requires pulling using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting is required on an occasional basis.
- Repetitive motions are required which involve substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Hearing must be adequate to perform duties and interact in person clearly and efficiently.
- Manual dexterity as required for specific equipment or instrumentation use.
- Requires clear vision, the ability to identify and distinguish color and to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full-time position, 5 days a week, Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. These hours vary de-pendent on projects and deadlines. The ability to work long days including occasional weekends including overnight travel is required.
Travel to sites as needed for projects and as operational needs dictate is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.