South San Joaquin Irrigation District
South San Joaquin Irrigation District has a history in the Central Valley over 100 years strong. We are a special district providing a reliable and economical source of water to agricultural users and wholesale treated drinking water to local cities. Currently we are accepting applications for an Accountant.
In this position, under the direction of the Assistant Finance and Administration Manager, the Accountant responsibilities include: Performs routine to complex professional accounting duties in the maintenance, review and analysis of fiscal records; the preparation on timely financial reports to management; perform a variety of complex accounting and financial analysis leading to new or revised accounting procedures and reports, as well as resolving complex accounting issues based on research and the application of government accounting and auditing standards; exercise independent judgement in the interpretation of procedures and regulations; develop specialized reports; assist Accounting Technicians in the general accounting functions of the District, monthly closings, preparation of operating reports.
• Principles, practices, and terminology of general, fund and enterprise accounting, including financial statement preparation and methods of financial control and reporting.
• Maintain and reconcile a variety of ledgers, reports and account records; examine and correct accounting transactions to ensure accurate recording, balancing and classification of all income and expenditures to proper accounts in accordance with District procedures.
• Public agency budgeting principles and practices.
• Principle and practices of Internal Controls.
• Principle and practices of Auditing.
• Understanding and working knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
• Relevant policies, procedures, and standards for Special Districts
• Laws and regulations relating to the financial administration of public agencies.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
• At least three (3) years of work experience in accounting in areas denoted in the job description preferably in a public sector environment.
***Previous experience in a public agency utilizing Springbrook Accounting software is highly desirable.
Must pass pre-placement physical and drug screen. Final Filing Deadline: May 26, 2023