Tanglwood Lakes Community Association, a premier Pocono Community, guided by a Board of Directors, is seeking a highly motivated part-time bookkeeper (approximately 16 hours weekly). The candidate must be a skilled professional focused on meeting the needs and demands of the financial needs of the community. Candidates should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be knowledgeable of the requirements of double entry accounting and be creative in developing solutions to problems.
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Managing and developing budgets
* Updating and maintaining homeowners’ accounts
* Submitting Employee payrolls bi-weekly
* Reconciling all community bank accounts
*Coordinating worker’s compensation and unemployment benefits
* Creating homeowner assessments invoices
* Assessing rental fees to homeowners
*Creating balanced and accurate financial reports on a monthly basis
* Recording expenses and income for committee events
* Preparing resale certificates as needed
* Preparing procedures for key financial processes including use of debit cards, debt collection and payroll implementation.
* Providing the Community Manager with updates on all financial issues on a weekly basis, and providing monthly information to the Board of Directors and Budget and Finance Committee.
* Ensuring vendor billings are consistent with vendors’ terms and,
* Working with residents on payment of assessments, fines, dock rentals and other monetary issues.
The following qualifications are desirable in some cases education or certifications may be substituted for experience:
* Experience of 3 to 5 years of working as a Bookkeeper or similar position in a Planned Residential Community.
* Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Procedures
* An Associate Degree or better in Accounting
* A Bookkeeper Certification from the National Association of Certified Bookkeepers or the American Institute of Profession Bookkeepers.
* Excellent computer skills in bookkeeping software and Microsoft Office
The salary range will be based on the experience of the candidate.
Please forward a letter of interest and resume to Mark Ossont by clicking APPLY NOW
By September 30, 2023.