Manager, Fiscal Operations
The University of Maryland Extension seeks a Manager for Fiscal Operations to directly support the Associate Dean/Associate Director and the Assistant Director of Operations for the University of Maryland Extension. Major responsibilities are listed below with an emphasis on financial and operational support to units within the University of Maryland Extension (UME). This position will work to increase fiscal accountability and clarity within the organization, and specifically provide fund account support and management to the senior leadership team of assistant directors.
- Oversee UME financial accounts including state, federal capacity, revolving, and foundation accounts. Responsible for budget and account preparation, review, reconciliation, accountability and reporting.
- Provide fiscal and personnel support to the University of Maryland Extension Senior Leadership Team to include the Associate Dean and Associate Director, the Assistant Director of Operations, the Assistant Director for Agriculture and Food Systems, the Assistant Director for Family and Consumer Science and the Assistant Director for Program and Organizational Development
- Prepare budget presentations and projections for UME’s Senior Leadership Team.
- Formulate short and long term budget projections and hold quarterly budget meetings with the Associate Dean/Director and Assistant Director of Operations and other members of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Assist the Associate Dean/Director and Assistant Director of Operations on strategic and operational planning, budgets, resource allocation, unit infrastructure needs, sources of revenue, administrative services, and College and University policies.
- Assist with federal compliance items under UME.
- Work with College fiscal office and unit staff, in development and training of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for annual budgeting of UME units and review throughout the year budgeted verses actual expenditures.
- Ensure compliance with UM policies covering Affiliated Foundations, Centers and Institutes.
- Implement process and procedures that track spending on all accounts within the University of Maryland Extension, specifically track spending on accounts for the senior leadership team.
- Responsible for annual budget preparation process in BPM for UME units.
- Responsible for the Capital Assets/Inventory Control process.
- Provide assistance and support as needed to the Assistant Director of Operations and the Associate Dean/Associate Director.
- Supervise the Program Management Specialist.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, accounting, management, or other related disciplines.
- Five years of management experience in business administration, specifically, strong fiscal management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical ability, finance background and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable experience with preparing detailed financial analysis and long-term budget projections.
- A strong working knowledge of accounting systems, financial policies and procedures.
- A demonstrated ability to navigate sensitive issues and work collaboratively towards successful outcomes.
- Master’s Degree in business administration, accounting, management, or other related disciplines.
- Experience with fiscal and operational management of an academic unit.
- Experience with University information, financial and personnel systems.
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal agencies and groups involved in college related issues.
- Understanding of federal regulations regarding fiscal management of federal funds such as Uniform Guidance and Federal Acquisition Regulations.