The White Earth Housing Authority is currently seeking qualified applicants who will be responsible for writing grant, researching grant opportunities, assisting departments in completing grant applications, coordinating multiple division grant applications and assisting in reporting to granting agencies on behalf of the Housing Authority.
• Researches opportunities and coordinates the preparation and reporting of grants
• Prepares budgets in accordance to established policies and procedures of the White Earth Housing Authority and the granting agency to ensure the best use of program funds.
• Creates and completes reports to comply with required agencies (internal and external).
• Communicates with internal and external sources to ensure program and organization is represented in a professional manner.
• Ensure local, state and federal compliance and meet reporting requirements for grants
• Establish relationships with nonprofit agencies and support grant applications for projects directly affecting the White Earth Reservation
• Monitor and maintain government grants and contract documents in coordination with regulation and policies.
• Participate in meetings as necessary for grant matters, including grant site visits, conducting resident surveys, make presentations to community and elected officials and meet with potential grant providers/funders.
• Develop a grants administration work plan, which includes goals, objectives and measurable workload indicators for the grant function.
• Develop and maintain state and federal inventory process for grant funded items.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of and ability to follow and apply the policies and procedures of the White Earth Housing Authority and in compliance with the White Earth Reservation Business Committee.
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
• Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Knowledge of the White Earth Reservation demographics, culture history and lifestyle.
• Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and/or procedure manuals.
• Skilled in customer service and the ability to interact with internal and external customers with tact and dignity.
• Associate's Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and/or grant writing experience combined.
• Ability to work independently at a high-level of competence.
• Must have a valid MN driver's license
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug test.
EEO with Native American Preference
A Drug Free Workplace - Tests for alcohol and illegal drug use will be required prior to and during employment.