Fiscal Specialist 2
Fiscal Specialist 2
Washington State University Everett seeks a full-time Fiscal Specialist 2 to perform a variety of complex and unique duties to the Washington State University (WSU), Everett campus. Responsibilities include evaluating and processing tasks in the areas of purchasing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, contracts, position creation, and travel while adhering to critical timelines ensuring compliance with University, State, and Federal regulations. The Fiscal Specialist will provide support and guidance to colleagues, staff, faculty, and others on the Everett campus. This includes all processes associated with the purchase and procurement of goods and services, processing of invoices and payments, creation and approval of spend authorizations and expense reports, and verification purchasing card transactions and ensures all functions are carried out in accordance with BPPM and HRS guidelines; serve as a resource for the campus on position information; maintain HCM relevant information.
The Fiscal Specialist is responsible for providing effective and congenial customer service while serving as a functional subject matter expert on Workday processes and procedures. This position requires the ability to multi-task and problem-solve in a fast-paced, team-oriented, environment.
• Two years of experience at a level equivalent to Fiscal Specialist 1 AND 15 quarter hours OR 10 semester hours of college level accounting; OR equivalent education/experience.
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office including Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
• Attention to detail, organized, and multi-tasking to meet deadlines.
• Experience processing travel documents and purchase orders.
• Experience with MS Excel or similar spreadsheet software.
• Experience with Workday.
• Experience working within the State RCW (Revised code of Washington) purchasing guidelines.
This position has been designated by the department to require a background check.
Salary Range: Range 43 | $3,619 to $4,842 (A-M)
Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume and 2) cover letter. Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements. Applicants are required to include contact information for at least three (3) professional references in the application.
Position open 12/27/23. Qualifications, as well as application instructions can be found at https://bit.ly/FiscalSpecialist2
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EO/AA EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER.